Bones is a TV series. It was first described to me as an American version of Silent Witness with some martial arts and a "mainframe" with a 3D holographic display.

Characters

The main character, Dr. Temperance Brennan (played by Emily Deschanel), is a forensic anthropologist who is apparently so good at her job that interesting cases involving dead bodies from anywhere in the USA are frequently sent to her lab (or she is sent to the field). She is proficient in martial arts to the extent that she can beat anybody up unless the plot would be more entertaining for her not to be able to. She has no social skills, doesn't know much about popular culture ("I don't know what that means" could be her catchphrase), and should never, ever be given a gun.

Booth (David Boreanaz) is an FBI agent who frequently works with Brennan and her team. He used to be a sniper and shot many people in his time. He could be described as the normal one in the series.

Zack (Eric Millegan) is a young genius who has several degrees and is working on his PhD while training under Temperance. His social skills are about as good as his boss'.

Hodgins (T.J. Thyne) is a conspiracy theory buff and is the member of the team most into piracy (the gold doubloons and eye patches variety).

Angela (Michaela Conlin) is an artist who uses her mainframe (with its 3D holographic display) to do just about anything from facial reconstruction to simulation of events to Christmas trees. She's the least geeky of the cast.