The total Arabic Alef Ba counts to 28 letters.

Aleph Ba Ta Tha Jeem Ha Kha Dal Thal Ra Zane Seen Sheen Saud Daud Dah Dhah Aine Ghane Fa Qaf Kaf Lam Meem Noon Hah Wow Ya.

Below is a representation of the letters in unicode, The Alphas should be read from right to left:

Ç È Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï Ð Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö Ø Ù Ú Û Ý Þ ß á ã ä å æ í



Arabic alphabets are not block written like latin letters. It always comes in cursive form. Every letter can be placed at the begining, middle, or end of a word by connecting them together. Except for Aleph, Dal, Dhal, Ra and Zane. these 5 letters can never be connected at the begining or middle of a word, they can be connected at the end only.

There are a couple of accent marks that you can place on top of letters to make specific sounds, the fat'ha, placed on top of the letter, will place an "AAA" vowel on the letter, the double fat'ha will make an "ANN" vowel. The dhama, looking like a small Wow, will make an "OOO" vowel, the double dhama will make an "OON" vowel. The kasra, looking like a fatha but placed under the letter, will make an "EEE" vowel. There are 3 vowels in arabic, A E and O. The shadda will double the pronounciation of a letter when placed on top, it loooks like an english W. The skoon, a small "O" looking charecter placed on top of letters will silence a letter and will not make it pronouncable.