The universe cant be infinite, if it was we would have an infinite amount of stars and an infinite amount of galaxies and basically infinite everything including infinite size for the universe.

With a simple calculation we would have an infinite amount of star light coming down to us on earth and this will imply infinite amount of light. Tell me, is there a fixed amount of star light at night time or an infinite candela, I guess candela is the correct term to be used for light power if I remember my physics courses correctly. Or was it Lumina? In any case I can't imagine the universe is infinite. All I can imagine is that its big, Really big.

Consider this: something with a beginning I.E: Big Bang will definitely have a size and this size will continue to grow, now will this growth shrink back at one point or will it continue to grow? I vote for a Big Crunch.

Something with out a beginning I.E: God is infinite. How many objects can you name that has no beginning will we be able to call infinite? Even all the matter in the universe can be quantified even all the photons.

So, the huge gaseous material that started the Big Bang is not infinite, I don't even think that black holes have infinite gravity or infinite matter. People back in the days used to think that the number of sand on earth was infinite!!! Lets not make the same mistake they did!.

Interestingly, the Qur'an talks about the big bang and the big crunch in these two statements. The vapor word used in Arabic is "dukhan" which means hot smoke, a perfect analogy for the hot gaseous material that started the big bang.

41.11: Then He directed Himself to the heaven and it is a vapor, so He said to it and to the earth: Come both, willingly or unwillingly. They both said: We come willingly.

21.104: The day when We shall roll back the skies, like a scribe rolls up a written document. As We began the first creation, We shall surely repeat it. It is a promise (binding) upon us. Indeed it will happen.