Books by Alan Watts:
  • The Spirit of Zen; A Way of Life, Work, and Art in the Far East. London: John Murray, 1935.

  • The Legacy of Asia and Western Man: A Study of the Middle Way. London: John Murray, 1937.

  • The Meaning of Happiness: A Quest for Freedom of the Spirit in Modern Psychology and the Wisdom of the East. New York: Harper & Row, 1940.

  • The Theologia Mystica of Saint Dionysius. Worcester, Mass.: Holy Cross Press, 1944.

  • Behold the Spirit: A study in the Necessity of Mystical Religion. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1947.

  • Easter -- Its Story and Meaning. New York: Henry Schuman Inc., 1950.

  • The Supreme Identity. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1950.

  • The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1951.

  • Nature, Man and Woman. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1958.

  • "This Is It" and Other Essays on Zen and Spiritual Experience. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1960.

  • Psychotherapy East and West. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1961.

  • The Joyous Cosmology. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1962.

  • Beyond Theology: The Art of Godmanship. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1964.

  • The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1966.

  • Myth and Ritual in Christianity. Boston, Mass.: Beacon Press, 1968.

  • The Who Hands of God: The Myths of Polarity. New York: Macmillan Collier Books, 1963.

  • Does It Matter? Essays on Man's Relation to Materiality. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1970.

  • In My Own Way: An Autobiography. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1972.

  • Cloud-hidden, Whereabouts Unknown: A Mountain Journal. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1973.

  • The Essence of Alan Watts. Berkeley: Celestial Arts, 1974.

  • Tao: The Watercourse Way. With the collaboration of Al Chung-liang Huang. New York: Random House, Pantheon Books, 1975.