aka Foggy, King Carl, God.

British World Superbikes (WSBK) rider, hailing from Blackburn, Lancashire in northwest England. Rides for Ducati and is probably one of the most successful British sportsmen alive today, having won the WSBK championship in 1994, 1995, 1998 and 1999 (he came 4th in 1996 and was runner-up in 1997). A household name in Italy because he rides Italian metal, in the UK he is sadly almost unheard of outside the motorcycle race going public. Apparently the BBC claims that WSBK is a "minority sport" which is why they don't televise it, despite the fact that twice as many people cram into Donington Park and Brands Hatch for the British rounds as go to Wembley Stadium for the FA Cup Finals.

As well as his World Superbike titles Foggy has also gained the Isle of Man TT Formula 1 championship twice and the world endurance championship once. A true god of motorcycling (and he has the scariest eyes you could ever imagine)!

Update: October 2000.

Foggy suffered a very serious crash during a WSB race earlier this season in which he broke his right arm and wrist in several places. This kept him out of the rest of the season's races, and he has now announced that his right arm will never be up to strength again and he's retiring from racing. A shame that he couldn't go out in a blaze of glory as he, and most of his fans would have wished.