Erie is the third largest city in Pennsylvania by population, located on the shore of Lake Erie. It was founded in the late 1700's.

Erie is situated on Pennsylvania's only access to water, a 43 mile stretch of Lake Erie sandwiched between the states of New York and Ohio. It is commonly called 'the chimney' of the state.

On the northern edge of Erie, Presque Isle is a unique state park that creates a natural harbor for the city.

A test market for many companies, Erie often has odd products for short times before disappearing forever, or popping up on shelves everywhere.

Tom Ridge's home town is Erie, and he is the only resident to be elected the state Governor despite it's population. It is also my home town.

Erie is the home port of the Brig Niagara, a full size reconstruction of Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry's flagship during the American Revolutionary War. It even has cannons!

Erie is in the middle of a triangle formed by the large cities Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. This draws much attention and money away, making Erie the development Bermuda Triangle of the area.

Plastics is one of Erie's biggest industries. Penn State Behrend is a large college that offers many courses in advanced plastics. If you live in the USA, I bet you own something made in Erie.