• The smiling guitar man, whose head is always cocked to one side when he sings, who used to hit on my sister when she worked downtown, is wearing an ivory corduroy suit jacket and a tie that's too small. As i walk by, he says to the man he's talking to (in his rough rough voice) No - no cigarettes. Koresh told me not to.
  • A middle-aged man with dirty hair and dirty clothes (dirty all over) has lifted his sweatshirt and is mindlessly toying with the flesh flap of his stomach as he stares into an empty storefront window. That's all.
  • A little girl eating pizza flashes me a peace sign. I look back and hold up three fingers. She grins.
  • The cat that approaches me from across the street is not a kitten as i originally thought, but stiff and thin. His head is too big for his body.
  • I sent a postcard to CowboyNeal. The guy in the picture was something else. Ask him about it.
  • "I didn't realize you had such big fantastic tits!" Someone has actually said this to me. Honest. I didn't know what to say.
  • There's a beautiful old house gone to rack and ruin in a full neighborhood. In the middle of a patch of dirt by the front door, there's a faded wooden sign that reads, All-American Garden.
  • I'm thinking about the guy that gave me this skirt. He said he wore it in high school. It's almost a rag now but i wear it anyway. I wonder where he is: on his way to Florida, on his way to California, shacked up with a sweet little hippie girl, picking echinacea, fixing cars? No way to know.
  • This is written on a receipt in a cemetery. Potatos, vidalias, tofu, mango, goya chick peas, Jofeph Adolfovs, 1786, in ye 31st yr of his age, node node node node. The cashier's name is Willa, the same as my best friend. i almost fall asleep in the grass.
  • When i got home, Dan was watching Fire, walk with me again. again.

This is not a dream. This is my life.