There's a splosion of daffodils on my kitchen table, in the sun, in a Wendy's cup. There's Godiva chocolate in my cupboard and - yes! - beer in the fridge. There's rad music in the CD player, a night sky of kosher salt on the black tabletop, and limes in the kitchen. The makings of the writeup contributed to by the most people lie next to the stereo, waiting to be transcribed and giggled over again - definitely the largest experiment in collective drunken noding to date. I've left my jews harp out on the turntable.

Every host should be this lucky, the day after.

We sure felt like a huge host, a veritable gang (of possibly questionable menace), when there were seven of us swarming down the street. We joked about the massive amounts of trivia with which we would be able to stun hapless opponents. But as i crossed the bricks and slowly processed the sight, i was the one stunned.

Surely these can't all be noders!

But they were. Even the gang clustered to the right on the steps, of whom i recognised a total of none, turned out to be of us. We quickly became one group. We were no longer a gang, really, we were a swarm of something far more literate than locusts.

It might have been the light of dusk, as we made our way to Montage, or the giddy glee of finding friends, but i was impressed by how beautiful everything was. The lights on the water as we crossed the bridge. Broken glass glinting on the ground. Clean lines of industrial/warehouse architecture. Prole's leopard-print glasses. Dialogue's singing voice.

There is music in my house. There are people on the floor. qousqous is on the phone for an hour, or some long amount of time, as he's passed hand to hand. Through the TV window, there are smokers and non on the porch, intoxicating themselves. The night extends well into morning, what with a contribution to the city's public art collection, and Brain and Srkorn's great grace in the dark. Er, folks, that means, we played frisbee (until 5 am). They can jump! I put flowers in p_i's beard and he didn't complain. Ah.

I love this town. I love noders. You make me grin.

Come back!