A 1991 movie starring Christopher Walken and Maria Conchita Alonso. I caught this one night on teevee around 4 in the morning (a late night movie). It was either this or a JuiceMan infomercial I had seen several times before. It seems like a strange artifact of the 1980's-style War on Drugs.

It is listed under the "Action" genre but I think "Action-Comedy" best describes it, although the "comedy" part is not intentional. Santos tries to lead a revolt in Columbia to overthrow the oppresive regime of El Presidente (who has no other name for some reason). After his revolt fails and he is killed, his sister Christina (Maria Conchita Alonso) travels to New York City to locate McBain (Christopher Walken). Because Santos rescued McBain during the Vietnam War, he agrees to avenge his death.

McBain calls up his old Army buddies, who have now become pretty successful, and arranges for a military mission. They raise funds by killing drug lords in raids that could not succeed in a reality of any shape or form. After that, this hardy group of 5 or 6 middle-aged men are ready to take on the entire Air Force and Army of Columbia.

They fly a small plane into Columbian airspace and are quickly accosted by 3 Columbian attack jets. McBain convinces a U.S. Air Force pilot to help them out, and the pilot takes care of the Columbian jets. This causes a problem for the U.S. because Columbia considers it an act of war. The U.S. denies all activity.

After landing the plane, action and hijinks ensue. Christina leads local rebellions and McBain's group skillfully eliminate the military. An emergency tracheostomy is performed using a plastic drinking straw with the dirtiest equipment possible, with success. Some more violence results in McBain overthrowing the regime.

You either need an amazing suspension of disbelief or a good sense of humor to be able to watch this film.