"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. That they may have been the architects of the great pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive far, far away, amongst the stars."

A short-lived space drama developed by Glen Larson that aired on ABC from 1978 to 1979. It depicted the survivors of the twelve human colonies (planets) as they attempted to avoid destruction at the hands of the Cylons while trying to find the thirteenth human "colony", Earth.

Once one clears away the Star Wars rip offs, cheesy effects, and wooden acting one hot Jane Seymour .. err .. one thoroughly decent story/plot is revealed. Even so the show lasted for only 17 episodes, 22 if you count two-parters (and of course there's Galactica 1980 but that's generally recognized as apocryphal).

cast:

Adama - Lorne Greene
Apollo - Richard Hatch
Starbuck - Dirk Benedict
Tigh - Terry Carter
Athena - Maren Jensen
Boxey - Noah Hathaway
Cassiopeia - Laurette Spang
Serina - Jane Seymour
et. al.

episode list:

1. Saga of a Star World (BSG) (three hour pilot)
2. Lost Planet of the Gods (BSG)*
3. The Lost Warrior (BSG)
4. The Long Patrol (BSG)
5. Gun on Ice Planet Zero (BSG)*
6. The Magnificient Warriors (BSG)
7. The Young Lords (BSG)
8. The Living Legend (BSG)*
9. Fire in Space (BSG)
10. War of the Gods (BSG)*
11. The Man with Nine Lives (BSG)
12. Murder on the Rising Star (BSG)
13. Greetings from Earth (BSG)*
14. Baltar's Escape (BSG)
15. Experiment in Terra (BSG)
16. Take the Celestra (BSG)
17. The Hand of God (BSG)

* originally aired as a two hour episode.

source: Battlestar Galactica FAQ © 1998, John LaRocque