10:30 PM

Just got back from an hour and a half at the gym. I think I'm completely drained of ATP now. It was hard to even drag myself up the stairs to my apartment.

Today was a good day. I woke up without a single mash of the snooze button, got ready for work quickly, and had a fairly good (though mostly unproductive) day. I'm over the flu vacceine, so my energy level is back again.

A bunch of us "progs" (what we call our little group at work, short for programmers) headed out to the Old School Bread Store for lunch. They make awesome sandwiches. I don't know what's in their bread, but it's sure addictive. We ate outside, and I wound up sitting in the direct sunlight for an hour. My skin is a little red, but I'm suprised I don't have sunburn. It was nice being outside, but I need to find a good pair of sunglasses that will work over my existing perscription glasses.

Sometimes I think I might have a small touch of Irlen Syndrome. I'm always in dark rooms. I prefer all of the lights off at work. I have configured my web browser to force *all* web pages to have a black background with white text, since most sites use the opposite. I must have sunglasses on sunny days or I will get a migraine, and even with sunglasses I still squint.

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. I need to start planning what I'm going to do with my weekend. I'm not going to waste it like last weekend. I've got some stuff I need to do during the week too, but I keep putting it off.

I was reading some more about MRAM today. I can't wait for it to come out. It sounds like a great technology that would change a lot of fundamentals in our operating systems. We could finally merge the storage of memory and disk space into one continuious unit. Imagine the speed increase, especially since the hard drive is the primary bottleneck in most computers today. It's still a few years away, but I'm seeing many articles about it now. And it's being developed by IBM, who seems to be on the right track these days. I'm also looking forward to FMD discs, which seem to be getting more and more press these days.

I'm going to go have some food. I think I'll try to get to sleep early tonight so I can get started early tomorrow. I might even try to go to the gym tomorrow morning, I dunno.


1:17 AM

I went on a noding roll tonight for some reason. I guess there was a lot of news today about spintronic-related developments, so I filled in a nodes about them. I did writeups on MRAM, FMD, nonvolatile, spintronics, and electron spin. They're informative nodes, so they probably won't get voted up much, but at least I got some decent writeups written. I haven't done too many writeups since I started my daylogs, but I should probably node some more science stuff as I come across it.

Well, it's getting late and I want to at least have a chance of getting up early, so I'm going to sleep.