1:13am

Today was a long day. First a quiz in Japanese, then we spent the rest of the class doing the same thing over and over again (introductions). I still don't remember the words. I won't remember them until I sit down and write them out 20 times. That's just the way I learn that kind of stuff.

Work was exhausting as well. I had to get something critical done as soon as I showed up, which was frustrating. Then my boss inquired about another project I've been working on, thinking that it was already done. So I told him that it wasn't done, but it would probably be in a couple of days. I doubt that will happen, but it's what I've been telling him for the past week anyway. So I worked on that the rest of the day.

At least staying busy makes the day go by quick. Then right about time to go home, the boss decides to do a software upgrade on one of our core applications in a production environment. So I was there an extra two hours. We hit a snag with an interface that was written by one of the other programmers, and since he wasn't there we decided to revert the system back, and go home. That's not the first time we've wasted time on a spontaneous decision to upgrade.

I was reading a writeup under depression today by GirlsDontLikeMe and it had a good message. It basically says what I've been reading and hearing about all along. You have to have a positive attitude to be attractive and open to meeting new people. Being depressed sounds like a good idea to get sympathy and attention, but it just won't work. Nobody wants to deal with someone who's depressed.

On another note, I was having fun burning CD-R's to clear some space off of my drive. It's a 60G drive and I still managed to fill it with stuff. I was burning some episodes of Jackass and the CD took 35 minutes when the software was telling me it was burning at 4x. That's not right. So I take the CD out of the CD-R drive, put it in my DVD drive to test it and it won't read. I'm frustrated, but just for kicks I put it back in the CD-R drive to see if it will read it, and it pukes. I hate it when this stupid CD-R drive does this. It goes into an infinite loop in the firmware trying to figure out what kind of CD it is. It sits there blinking it's light incessantly until I reboot. I have to reboot because pressing the eject button does nothing and this disc has now monopolized the drive.

I wanted to try to get more data moved off tonight, but it's getting late and I need to get up at around 9am tomorrow to go to work.

Thought for the day:

Why doesn't someone make CD-R software that writes the CD, then upon completion of the burning process, verifies that it can read the data back? That way, I can safely delete the data from my hard drive when the process completes.