I got up late today and since I was going to be late to work anyway, I figured I might as well be really late. I stopped by Office Depot on my way to look for a new bag for my laptop computer and to carry my school books around in. I found out they were 50 bucks, so I decided I didn't need one that bad.

The Fast Food T-R Ratio

I stopped by Wendys for some quick metabolic sustainment, and then headed into work. Some of my co-workers commented on how nearly all fast food restaurants suck, but to varying degrees. We thought about it for a while and we figured that each has a T-R ratio. TR is Taste to Regret. The higher the number, the better. So if you take Taco Bell for instance, the food tastes quite mediocre, and the regret factor about an hour afterwards is usually quite high. Wendy's isn't usually too bad, some of their hamburgers taste pretty good and although there's some queasyness from the grease a little bit later, it's not nearly as bad as Taco Bell or McDonalds, so Wendy's has a high T-R ratio.

Work wasn't today. I didn't get much done. I was really energetic when I got there, so I was too energetic to sit down and work, yet later on in the day it caught up with me and I was just too tired to get anything done. I should have had some caffiene.

Near the end of the workday, I'm not sure what happened, but TC was on the phone with a friend and was really upset about something. I didn't want to pry and ask what, but I tried to cheer her up afterwards. She seemed much better when we left. I hope it helped; I hate to see her feeling down.

I just don't know how to deal with people who are feeling extreme emotions. Do they want to be left alone, or do they want support? Even if I give them support, what do I say? I guess nobody can answer those questions so I should just try something and see what works.