1:09am

Not much to write about today. I went to school, learned a little more hiragana. I went to pick up a parking sticker, but they only took cash or checks. I only had about $12 and I don't carry checks with me, so I'll have to go back on friday.

TC was very friendly today, she made me feel better after my situation last night (read my daylog from yesterday). I didn't really talk about any of it with her though; but when she's in a good mood, it puts me in a good mood. We went out for a snack around 5pm to get away from the boring day at work.

I stuck around until almost my normal hour to leave. All I did at work today was to automate the startup of a bunch of software on one unix box. I spent probably a sum total of about 10 minutes on it. I'm getting news that I may have to write some Java stuff soon though. Ack. I prefer to do everything in plain old C.

Which reminds me of a great tagline that was sent to me by our web developer. He wrote:

If you listen to a linux kernel close enough, you can hear the C.
I thought it was humorous, especially since this guy isn't really all that geeky, but to have found (or come up with) such a good line was cool.

I went to the gym tonight for about 1.2 hours. I accidently stopped the treadmill at some unknown point into my workout so I had to start over. I probably had been going for 10-15 minutes, so I started back over and walked an hour. That read out to over 700 calories, so I figure I easily burned 800 calories tonight. I'm feeling sore from last night though, as I expected.

I'm feeling better tonight than last night. I wrote Sara a fairly short email asking how she's doing and what she's up to. I gave her a link about the nature trail that we were talking about on our last date, to see what she has to say about it. I asked her how her classes going and stuff. Just trying to pry some more clues out of her. I kept it short to see if she volunteers any news or information. I'm still testing to see what's going on between us. I hope she's not playing games. I'm not experienced enough at this dating thing to play chase.

Anyway, I'm getting tired now. Must sleep.