I only got about 2.5 hours of sleep last night. I was up until about 4:30 or something and then had to wake up at 6:30 to get ready for jury duty.

I hit snooze a few times and finally got up and drove 27 miles to the courthouse. There were about 900 jurors there and I managed to avoid getting called until around 10:30.

I got called into a case involving a personal injury claim by a very attractive young lady. I used that as one of the reasons why I felt I would be biased in the case (along with the fact that the defendent wasn't present), so I didn't remain as a juror. I felt if I had to drag my butt out of bed at 6:30 in the morning, then the defendent should be there too; if he isn't there, then I get the feeling that he doesn't care that much about it.

The courtroom I went to was on the 11th floor. I can tell I'm a real Floridian when that's enough to make my ears pop. There is an awesome view of the ocean from there.

I went back to the jury pool afterwards and waited around until about 3pm when I was excused to go home. I drove home and went to sleep until around 11pm.

It was an interesting experience, although quite boring most of the time. Next time I will bring a a laptop or something to entertain myself. I thought it was interesting how they played white noise in the courtroom when the judge and the laywers would get together to discuss stuff that we weren't supposed to hear.