Yesterday we went to the astronomy event out in the middle of the everglades. It didn't turn out too well for seeing the sky, since it wound up being all overcast; however there were a lot of fireflies which was pretty cool. Sara and I walked down the trail for a while talking about things. It was nice. As we were walking back, everyone was packing up to go, so we were only there for about an hour.

Sara wasn't feeling too well, so when we got back to Ann's apartment she took off fairly soon. I hung around for a little bit and watched an Eddie Izzard tape. It was a great day though. We had some time together which was cool. I gave her a long backscratch as she stood by me, finally getting the courage to return the favor she had done for me so many times before. It's great to stand right together, barely touching, totally within each other's personal space.

She is my very special person, but I really don't know how to describe what we are together, to other people. It's like we're in a relationship, but we're not involved on any official level. I can't say she's my girlfriend, because that has a denotation which we don't quite fit into. She is a very special friend, and I'd love more than anything to call her a girlfriend; but labels like that might push us over the line that she doesn't want to cross (yet?). Is it always this way? Is this what guys mean when they say women don't make any sense? Is it because men need to sort, label, and categorize things while women are all fuzzy, emotional, and symbolic about things; is that why we drive each other nuts trying to figure each other out? I just want to put into words what it is we have together, but I can't think of any. I'm going off on a tangent though...

Today's the last day of spring break, so Sara wants to stay home and rest and maybe do a little stuyding. She has been down here almost every day of the week, and she lives about 45 minutes away, so she needs to just stay home and relax for a day.


Sara makes the cutest little noise. She told me yesterday that she calls it a meep. It's a little squirreley noise, sort of like a squeak, almost a hiccup, but it's not, and she just does it spontaneously, involuntarily . It is so very cute. I don't know why I suddenly found it necessary to share that; but it just occurred to me, and is one of the little things that makes Sara so special and beautiful.