Oh me and my nostalgia. I'm only 18 years old, should I really miss something that has gone by the wayside in my life. It isn't even a very important thing. It's my old family computer.

I'm at college now and I've got my new Athlon and all its wonderful speed and my super cool ethernet connection and all, but I miss my old Tandy 1000. I'm sure everyone knows the computer i'm talking about, because I've seen so many abandoned in garage sales over the years that I know about half the population of the world must have bought one. Anyhow, that was the first computer I ever used and I loved it. In fact, long after it was utterly obsolete I still loved it. Past that, I obviously still love it or I wouldn't be telling all you about it. I guess it's like what they say about your first love--you never forget them. Kinda the same thing. I like playing (insert newish game) as much as anybody, but I can't forget Gato or Huey or Night Mission Pinball or even Beast. I just can't.

Now, I know what you're thinking. I can already hear it from the scratch pad where I am typing. Why don't you just go and play your games then? Well the problem is my beloved tandy's hard drive has inexplicably failed. Bah!

Thanks much for listening to my plight.