It's been a long time since I was able to post a daylog; this will be short since I'm using the library computer, the girls spilled water on mine so I had to put it down like a dog whose friendship you enjoyed since the moment fur met your fingertips. So much has happened since then that a quick recap is in order. A friend reached out to me about writing for a fantasy baseball site, but when I told him I don't play or follow fantasy baseball he said he had another idea for me. I didn't really think that would go anywhere so I was surprised and overjoyed when I read an email from a guy who said I would get $100 for every thought provoking baseball article I submitted. 

I wrote a couple of drafts, but nothing I was happy enough to keep and submit. They have a good cast of writers and I want to make sure that my first post is worthy of me and the site. Part of it is not having a computer of my own, part of it is writing for a new site, and part of it is being rusty so say a few prayers that I'll be able to overcome some of these challenges facing me. I'm still doing the footwear thing and trying to make that work. Friday night I took my youngest and a girlfriend of hers out to eat. Our neighbor girl showed up just as we were leaving. Her birthday was this weekend and her friends had backed out on her so I invited her along to the restaurant.

Saturday evening I was on Twitter doing my thing when a guy asked why I didn't reach out to a player whose footwear I felt could be improved. I said I would, we got into a back and forth that led to some confusion so I told him to call me if he wanted a better explanation. He sent me his phone number, I called him, and we ended up spending the next thirteen hours talking to each other about anything and everything including this site and how it has enriched my life. He lives down South, I'm up North, but we've been talking and texting and I can't believe that I've known him for so long without knowing who he really was. 

This next part is something that I'm nervous about sharing. Ever since I joined E2 and noticed leuryaks I've tried to engage him. At some point in time I told him he could call and passed along my number. He said he might call, but probably wouldn't so I left it at that. I don't know his story, why he's here or what he does in real life, I know he's had struggles and problems of his own like we all do, some of the things he said concerned me, but I didn't know what to do so I said I would be around if he ever felt like reaching out. When I logged in I saw a message from him along with his phone number. I called, but there was no answer. He hasn't been here for 5.7 days, I don't know what the official protocol is for this kind of thing, but if anyone has any knowledge or information about him, it would be nice to have some confirmation that he's still alive. 

I have to get going, but I'm going to be checking back in when I can. I miss writing and the people I've met, I'm working on replacing my computer, but it's a big ticket item so it may take me a while to get back up and running. There's so much more that I want to say, but I guess it will all have to wait.

Much love, I hope you are well wherever you are...

j