Hard to believe that I have been on E2 for fifteen years!!

 

I don't even remember how I came across it but I was so seduced by this mish mosh of writings that was like nothing I had seen before, like wikipedia with a pulse. I quickly discovered my favorite type of write up, the factual writeup with a personal bent and almost adopted "Everything2 is not Wikipedia" as my motto. 

My first writeup was well received and I got such friendly encouragement from Montecarlo, JasonM, Dem Bones, dannye that I was immediately hooked. For a while I was focused on just getting to the point where I could cool writeups as there was so much writing that I wanted to celebrate, starting with this marvelous little wu by iceowl. I know I gamed the system a bit by adding an entire book but a book I loved by my first favorite writer. Then I just ended up ensconced in this marvelously obscure corner of the Internet. It has served as an outlet for my meager attempts at fiction, depository of the content I have mined as I fell into various Internet rabbit holes and even has served as a cathartic sounding board for difficult moments in my life, an anonymous place where I could unburden myself of things I could not really talk about elsewhere.

 

Thank you E2! and happy 20th