I was informed of a Bay Area noder shindig by Miss akasha, and decided to go.. I was a bit neurotic about going because I haven't been very active on e2, and wasn't sure how many people I'd be familiar with.

akasha met me earlier in the day, and sat on irc while I primped.. shower, make-up, shoe changes, etc.. by the time I finished my friend Jason got home.. (to those old schoolers.. Jason is NeXT.boy, the old inspiration for all of my smooching nodes..) I asked Jason to meet us there.

When akasha and I arrived, the lady at the door wanted to charge us a cover charge, we found that silly. After milling around outside for a bit.. we ran into Rabid Monkey. He ran in and got me a drink, because I didn't know what was up with the cover charge.

After a little factgirl, Jason, bindlenix, Ereneta, ouroborus, plonk_plonk showed up.. by this time I am on drink 2.. We realize that they aren't going to be able to seat us inside, and so we wind up outside on the side patio.. Fine with me.. not being able to smoke inside kind of sucks.

After we were seated.. Nate showed up.. I think factgirl and I were the only ones who had met him before.. so we were probably easy to spot..

After we ordered, lost and found, and rischi stumbled in.

I had a hard time that night keeping conversation with the whole table.. I kept mishearing things at the other end.. The conversations that night floated from noding, liquor consumption, recent sad events..

I could keep on with the re-hash of events, but since that's been covered let me just leave you all with my thoughts..

--

Big meetings where I don't know people anywhere, but online often make me a tad neurotic and nervous.. but after a few minutes I felt very comfortable with everyone.. they were that rad..

factgirl and I need to get together and have coffee

Ereneta should write a guide on good things to do in the Bay Area.. I forgot the Winchester House was here.

akasha is a fellow round-eyed bitch..

Nate is taller than me, even when I am standing on a curb in heels.. and I will fall when hugged -- if I am standing on a curb, in heels, plus some liquor

lost and found and my non-noder friend Jason seemed to get along.. which was cool.. because he didn't talk to very many people that evening..

I need to sit towards the middle of the table next time.. so I can get to know more of the attendees.. unfortunately I gave up after I misheard "tie-dyed dog", when they said "tie-dyed thong".. although I don't know if I was that far off base for going "huh?!" when they said it :)

No one likes martinis made with well vodka.. some will attempt to taste it.. and only Nate has the guts/iron stomach/goofiness/or craves liquor enough to finish it..