A cheesecake despite its name is actually not a cake but more properly classified as a custard.

Here is a recipe I adapted after working at the Wine Cask, a fine-dining kitchen.

Bailey’s Irish Creme Cheesecake

This cheesecake recipe is based off of the Wine Cask Chevre Cheesecake. Personally, I had never made cheesecake - or any dessert of any kind - before I started working at the Wine Cask this summer.

I tested out this particular recipe when I brought it to work one day, and apparently the director of our department said it was the best cheesecake he ever had, even better than some he had in New York.

Bailey’s Irish Creme Cheesecake

Crust

Graham cracker crumbs (enough to cover the bottom of a springform cake pan)
Handful of raw pistachios meats, chopped
4 oz. unsalted butter

Cheesecake filling

1 1/2 pounds of cream cheese
1 pound of a soft goat cheese, like a chevre
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of orange blossom honey (or substitute with clover honey)
3 eggs
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 oz. Bailey’s Irish Creme liquor

Preheat oven to 325 F

Making the crust

1. Melt the butter in low heat, making sure it does not brown
2. Mix chopped pistachios with graham cracker crumbs
3. Add melted butter, enough to moisten crumbs
4. Spread onto springform pan bottom, put in oven to solidify crust

Making the cheesecake filling

1. Add cream cheese to mixer, turn mixer on high and beat the living shit out of the cream cheese. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides to ensure a thorough ass beating.
2. Add in goat cheese and beat the fuck out of the two cheeses.
3. Throw in sugar, turn mixer on high. This is called creaming, the sugar forms micro tears into the cheese making it into a creamy consistency.
4. Pour in the honey after creaming. 5. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing on a low-medium speed, just enough for the egg to mix in with the filling
6. Add the vanilla extract, mixing just enough to incorporate the liquid. Then add the liquor. Since these two ingredients are predominately alcohol, they should be added last and beat in very lightly.

Putting it all together

1. Take crust out of oven, make sure the crust is level, pour in the filling.
2. Place the cheesecake in a water bath. You might want to wrap the bottom and sides in foil to make sure water does not seep through the springform pan.
3. Heat in oven, until brown on top. Approximately 25-30 minutes.

Garnish and presentation

Garnish with mint spring, and a teaspoon of pistachios on the side. Honeycomb is a nice optional garnish.

Enjoy!