A recipe for some very simple, very delicious crepes.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1.5 cups milk
2 eggs
1 tbsp cooking oil
a dash of salt

Combine all ingredients with an electric mixer. It's okay if there are some lumps of flour in the batter, but since this is a much thinner mixture than pancake batter, try to get as many out as you can.

Put a 6 inch or so frying pan on the stove, just long enough to get it hot. Spray it with cooking spray, remove it from the heat, and spoon some batter into the pan. Rotate and twist the frying pan until there's a thin layer of batter over most of the bottom. Return it to the heat and cook until done. You'll be able to tell that it's done by watching the color of the batter change from whitish-yellow to brownish-yellow and by the appearance of a few bubbles. Turn the finished crepe out of the pan onto a plate covered with a paper towel. Repeat until you run out of batter, re-spraying the pan every few crepes.

Makes about 15-20 crepes.


I was very pleased with this recipe. It is very easy to make, very hard to ruin (unless you leave out the cooking oil, as I did earlier *thwap*), and comes out of the pan so easily that there's almost no mess to scrape out when they're finished.

Crepes are good with fruit wrapped inside them and sprinkled with powdered sugar. You could also put some sort of meat in them, if you wanted. And I've heard they're good with caviar. Exceeding versatile, these French pancakes ...