user since
Wed Jul 18 2001 at 01:52:27 (22.8 years ago )
last seen
Wed Nov 15 2006 at 05:38:21 (17.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
67 - View khym chanur's writeups (feed)
level / experience
8 (Encyclopedist) / 4193
mission drive within everything
Every day, in every way, I'm getting weirder and weirder.
specialties
Computers, writing, anime, manga
school/company
Unemployed writer
motto
All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost.
most recent writeup
Ranma 1/2
Send private message to khym chanur

A life long coastal Californian, I spent the first 19 years of my life in Berkeley, then went to UCSC and got my bachelor of science in computer engineering. I then worked in Santa Cruz for about 3 years at a company that went through various name changes, mergers and buyouts. I finally took a severance package, moved back to Berkeley, and am now attempting to writing a fantasy novel.

Anime

Manga

Favorite anime/manga characters

  • Ifurita of El Hazard. Not exactly sure why. I guess it's a combination of kick-assness and pathos.
  • Shayla Shayla, also of El Hazard. I like anime women with lots of fire power but short tempers...
  • Lina Inverse of Slayers. See! ;-)
  • Tomoyo Daidoji of CardCaptor Sakura. She's so nice and loyal and dedicated. *Sniffle* Why couldn't she have ended up with Sakura?! *Waaaaahhhh!!!!*
  • Washu of the Tenchi Muyo OAV. I have a soft stop for mad scientists.
  • Rei Ayanami of Evangelion. Some people think that she's a fanboy favorite because they see her as some sort of blowup doll, but not me; the mere thought of kissing her gives me the willies, much less having sex with her (*shudder*). I guess I feel towards her the common female reaction (though I'm male) of wanting to take her and make her all better (like all of the characters in Evangelion, she is extremely fucked up).
  • Sana Kurata of Kodomo no Omacha. Cute, hyperactive, excitable, get really into anything that she's doing, basically nice but easy enough to get a rise out of, rather clueless. I dunno why this combination makes he so appealing to me, but it does.
  • Urd of Oh My Goddess!. I like trouble makers, plus she's sexy, tanned and exotic. ;-)
  • Xellos the Mysterious Priest of Slayers, the only male to make it onto my list. The ultimate trouble maker, cheerful yet cruel, totally unflappable in the face of immanent death; all around, a cool guy. ;-)

People in Anime and Manga

Miscellaneous things about Anime, Manga and Japan

Comics Strips/Panels

Comic Books

Web Comics/Online Comics

Novels

Novelists

Websites

Nonfiction

Nonfiction writers

Songs

Singers

TV

Favorite cartoons when I was a kid

Movies

Computer/Console games

Favorite E2ers

Jokes/Comedy/etc

Amusing trolls

Amusing rants, true stories and observations

E2 Humor

Silliness and Strangeness

Misc. Humor

Computers

Science, Biology, Math, and so on

History

Health, diseases, and so on

Pseudoscience, fads, urban legends, and so on

Life

Depressing stuff

Philosophy/Politics

Religion

Myths, Magic and the Occult

Weirdness

Misc.


User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date