Death Mountain is the famed mountain in the Zelda series from Nintendo. Death mountain has been a recurring element in many of the games of the series set in the land of Hyrule.

The Legend of the Zelda for the NES's epic battle between Link and Ganon took place on the final dungeon in Death Mountain for both quests of the game. The placement of Death mountain was a mystery in the game as was the location for both of the final dungeons.

The Adventure of Link, the second game in the series had a maze for Death Mountain, where the final goal was a hammer used to destroy boulders. The maze was quite hard for a Zelda game.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past had four uses for death mountain. The original trip to Death Mountain was to gain the Pendant of Wisdom from the Tower of Hera. The second usage was to explore. On the mountain was a variety of objects, including a Ether Medallion. The third usage of the Death Mountain was to reach Turtle Rock, the hiding place of the crystal that holds Zelda in the Dark World. Finally the fourth reason for traveling to Death Mountain was to fight the evil being trying to revive Ganon, Agahnim in the Tower of Ganon.

In the The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Death Mountain again had a couple of purposes. On the first trip to Death Mountain, Link discovered the Goron race. Link discovered Dodongo's Cavern, the second dungeon in the game. Later in the game when Link grew up he returns to Death Mountain to find all the Goron to be taken. The prince is the only Goron left. Death Mountain was the second dungeon when Link is an adult. Link can also receive the third sword on Death Mountain from the Giant Goron, his name was Biggeron. The Biggeron sword can be gotten in a series of trades. Finally at some point in the game Link needs to climb Death Mountain to talk to the Giant Fairy who lives on top of it.

Death Mountain does not appear in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, or Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. Death Mountain is most likely not going to appear on the Legend of Zelda for the Gamecube.