It's my birthday.

A time to pause and reflect on my life.

I remember last year at this time, I was anxious about finishing college. I was also very worried about my wife. She was having terrible pain in her neck and down her arm, and nothing the doctor suggested seemed to help. It was a very trying time for me. I was working very hard to finish school and doing the housework because my wife could not lift anything with a sore neck. When she needed support, I had to dig as deep as I could just to find the strength to keep her going. I was running on empty, but I always found the strength to keep going.

Now it is a year later, and life is so good. We finally found a doctor who could diagnose what was wrong with my wife and he referred us to the proper specialist. She had a crushed disk in her neck that needed to come out. We managed to schedule the surgery just two weeks before my college graduation. She made it through sugery without any problems. One of the happiest moments of my life was walking onto the stage at graduation and seeing her sitting in the audience. She was still wearing a neckbrace, but looked as lovely as ever. She was so radiant and was smiling from ear to ear. It is a moment I will treasure forever.

As for other things, positive energy is abound. Our oldest son will graduate from college this year. Our daughter graduates from high school in two years. She's near the top of her class, and quite a looker, just like mom. Our youngest son is also doing good in school, and seems to get taller and smarter every day. I love my family.

My daughter asked me once if I wanted to be rich. I told her I was rich with my family. I would rather be loved than be rich. John, Paul, George, and Ringo said it best. All you need is love.