A couple of years ago, I was in a grocery store with a friend. We had been discussing movies all afternoon and as we weaved through aisles in a quest for grillables, the topic of Sneakers (the 1992 Robert Redford film) came up. We were in agreement that we enjoyed the film, but my friend had a nit to pick.

"Do you know what's always bugged me about that movie?"

"That they had Ricky Jay consult on it but didn't even give him a bit part?"

"No." he said, "The bit near the end where they're at the "Toy Company". Cosmo flips out and pushes a button, and suddenly there's guards everywhere. Maybe they cut out the part that shows where the hell all those guys came from, but it's always stood out to me. Boom, alarm goes off, a load of guys with shotguns are in the stairwells."

As we threaded the needle between trundling shopping carts, I thought about it. "That never occurred to me but I guess you're right," I said as we reached the end of an aisle. "It just doesn't make much..."

As I rounded the corner at the end of the aisle, my basket tapped a display stacked high with spray-cheese in little metal tubes. The impact was enough to start a chain reaction, sending a few dozen canisters of bacon flavored synthetic cheese clattering across the floor of the store.

My friend and I looked at each other for a moment, then looked up to see that no less than 10 employees had immediately materialized and were already corralling the loose cylinders and replacing them in the display.

"...sense."

We both started laughing at the totally absurd appropriateness of the incident. The store employees waved us off as they cleaned up the mess and we both tried to squeeze thanks and apologies in-between fits of incoherent giggling.