user since
Sat Jan 24 2004 at 00:03:30 (20.3 years ago )
last seen
Fri Jun 11 2004 at 21:07:55 (19.9 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View l.m.peters's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 8
mission drive within everything
Don't fuck it up
specialties
Making Crepes
school/company
l.m.peters inc.
motto
non-existent at this time
most recent writeup
Jonathan Lethem
Send private message to l.m.peters

l.m.peters is a writer of questionable talent currently living in an area often referred to as "the L. Q. A." L.Q.A., of course, being an acronymn for Lower Queen Anne, a neighborhood at the bottom of a hill next to the Jetsonesque Space Needle in gloomy Seattle, Washington. On Sundays, l.m.peters likes to play in the snow of the nearby Cascade mountains. On Tuesdays l.m.peters waters the plants in his book-infested apartment. l.m.peters likes books and he insists that his name be written in all lower-case letters as a homage to e. m. forrester and those writers who thought they would save the English language by writing in all lower-case letters. Although l.m.peters does not hold the same opinion nor even particularly enjoy the writing of these writers, he still appreciates how his name looks softer in lower-case print. "Almost pet-able," he was once quoted as saying.

To pay for his small apartment, l.m.peters holds a job with an international accounting firm. He is not an accountant. He does not understand what these people do with numbers all day long. He does not understand why these people are so humorless and sad. In fact, he often questions the very humanity of these people who don't laugh. His job consists of sitting in front of a computer in a rather large cubicle overlooking 1st Avenue and pretending to enter in as many files and labels as possible all day long. Everyone knows he rarely enters in more than a couple of files on any given day. They must know this. But they say nothing. Nothing at all. They just walk by without whistling or smiling or anything.

If you know people that don't smile or whistle enough, l.m.peters would encourage you to smile or whistle at them. Maybe they will start and maybe someone else will hear them whistle or see them smile and they, in turn, will smile or whistle and wouldn't it be great if everyone whistled and smiled more? I think so.