Valium! I guess it's not the shock of knowing that Valium (an anxiolytic, muscle relaxant - diazepam) is what I need for the pain I am in, but the fact that it had been recommended to me by my doctor. Or Ducene, the other Valium that isn't called Valium. Yes, same stuff: diazepam.

The thought had crossed my mind that I could take valium, as I have prescribed it for patients of mine with TMJ (temporomandibular joint)/muscle problems... but to be told that it I might need it is different.

Unfortunately my chronic back ache & neck ache is in its acute phase. I did the most painful filling for a patient today. I was in pain, I couldn't not move my neck or my arm suddenly. It seemed to take forever to complete. A dentist in pain - an oxymoron??

I'm even limiting my time on E2 because I can't take it anymore. BOO HOO HOOOOOOO.

BTW, I declined the offer of valium - I'm just on anti-inflammatories for the time being. The aim of therapy is to break the cycle of muscle spasms. Pain --> muscle spasm --> more pain --> more muscle spasm. Apparently I can't just the anti-inflammatories PRN (as needed), but I have to be on a regime for at least a week to break the cycle. So much for a quick fix!

If I acted on my chronic pain earlier, it would take a shorter time to fix - now I've left it for many many mooooons, I'll have to take at least 2 weeks off work. Oh boy oh boy.