I needed to get away this weekend...

Ignoring all the sound advice that my inner voice spewed out to me, I packed my bags Friday morning, and on a spur-of-the-moment decision, hopped on a bus to Richmond to surprise my best friend at school. Four hours later, I found myself sitting at a strange bus station waiting for a person that I'd never met before to come pick me up, and talking to some old crazy guy. Just as I was about to give up hope, Brian showed up with his friend Nick, and we proceeded to drive an hour or so to Longwood, located in good ol' Farmville, Virginia.

I think the best part of the whole weekend was seeing my friend Cheli's face when I got there. Honestly, I've never seen someone's face light up so quickly. She showed me around the campus, I got to check in with my really good friend Billy, who also goes there, and then we went to her friend's room to drink.

Woke up pretty late on Saturday to go to brunch, and then went on an adventure. Billy, Cheli, and I trooped down to "the tower", an old run-down warehouse that everyone goes to smoke in. After climbing through broken windows and piles of rubble, we finally settled in a small opening covered over in vines, and proceeded to smoke a few joints and attempt to drag our asses back out the way we came. After we successfully untangled ourselves from the ruins, we walked to an old industrial area that had huge concrete blocks semi-spaced out on the ground, forming a kind-of maze. I managed to get really lost, and it didn't help that the acoustics of the place made their voices seem as if they were coming from all directions (or maybe it was just all the pot I smoked)... for a few minutes, I truly felt as if I were in The Labyrinth or something.

After that, we managed to walk back to the dorms, and spaced out for the rest of the afternoon... when night fell, we all piled into a bunch of cars, and drove out to a nearby lake to look at the stars... I think I've seriously forgotten just how bright they can be when there's no city lights around for miles and miles to distract one's view of them. Really peaceful and really beautiful...

This morning I spent brooding... for reasons that probably shouldn't even bother me, but do anyway. I'm too fucking sensitive sometimes. Brian offered to drive me back to Richmond to catch my bus this afternoon, and on arrival, we found out that I had about 3 hours to kill-- so Cheli, Brian, and I walked around a cute little area of Richmond to pass the time. It wasn't so bad, and I even managed to cheer up a little. After awhile, we drove back to the bus station, I bid them goodbye, and started my frustratingly long trip back to Baltimore (seriously, I could have made that in... 2, 3 hours if I had my car, instead of the 5 I had to sit through). Not a bad weekend, but not the greatest either. Next time, they're coming here so I don't feel so out of place.