Dear god, my ribs can't take it anymore.

Rehearsal every night from 6-12 (or close to that), and full dress-- this means restricting, suffocating, rib-crushing corsets for 6 hours straight. And I wondered why I wake up sore every morning...

Apparently buses in Baltimore suck. I had to be at class at 1 today, as we were having an important chapter test in Italian... went out to the bus stop at 12:15, just in time to catch the 12:20 bus. Well. The bus turned the corner-- I stepped to the curb, made sure it was the 11 and not the 3, and got my change ready-- it sailed right by me. What the fuck? I looked at the sign at the bus stop. Yup, #11. Take a cab? Nope, don't have cash. Walk? Yeah, and make it there just in time for rehearsal to start. So I crossed my fingers, and waited for the next bus, which did happen to stop for me... but I completely missed my Italian test; not to mention, the teacher is a bitch, and I don't think she'll understand. Ah well... I guess that's how life goes.

Finally made it to school, went to my theater class, and then-- joy of joys-- English! We discussed Auden's Musee des Beaux Arts, and all doped up on cold medicine, I sat daydreaming and writing my teacher crappy poetry:

dark dark dark in my eyes
licking up the stark
white and shadow dust of your face
burning flesh and joint and limb
your eyes, through mine-- blue
coal flames in a field of night
pieces of light reflecting
Oppen, Auden, Williams
and all the understanding of human suffering within


And then I sat through six hours of light cues...