It takes me four phone calls to get a continuance on my court date. The first two said they couldn't help me. On the third I was transferred once, the woman I talked to wanted to transfer me back to the clerk's office, then told me the person I had to talk to would call me back. After an hour of nervous silence, I called again and she transferred me to him.

He told me that the court would be informed of my need for continuance. He told me that the court would then issue a warrant for my arrest, but would not release it unless my bail bondsman freaks out.

I was told that charges have not been filed against me, and that if the court doesn't file against me by Wednesday, the day I was originally supposed to appear, they will lose jurisdiction and not be able to file. I will not know what's going on until tomorrow at the earliest.

My legal advice is sporadic. My father is an attorney, but practices family law in another state. He says the charges against me will most likely be dropped. If he's worried, he doesn't show it. I have not been appointed a public defender yet, so I can't talk to one, and I can't afford to consult another lawyer.

I am so fucking terrified. Right now I'm trying to compose a statement, figure out how to get everything printed out, and find something I can wear to court so I'll look respectable, which is not an easy task.

And all of this because I was watching a demonstration.