Sus*pend" (?), v. i.
To hang from hooks inserted through the subcutaneous layers of the skin and fatty tissues via a temporary piercing. Also known as flesh hook suspension.
Use: Jane is going to suspend in front of the tattoo shop this evening.

There are quite a few methods of suspension, with the most popular as follows:
Superman: Hanging horizontally facing down with hooks in the back, thighs, and legs. Normally 10-16 hooks are used, depending on the weight of the person suspending.
Coma: Hanging horizontally facing upwards with hooks in the chest, upper thigh, arms and legs. Normally done with the head supported as well. Normally 10-16 hooks are used, depending on the weight of the person suspending.
Suicide: Vertical suspension with hooks in the upper back. Normally done with 4-8 hooks.
Oh-Kee-Pah: Vertical Suspension with 2 hooks in the chest. Very painful suspension since the weight of the entire body is hanging from 2 points.
Lotus: Done in a lotus (cross legged) position, with hooks in the upper chest and back, thighs, legs, and sometimes the arms as well. 10-20 hooks are normally used.
Crucifiction: Much like the suicide suspension, hooks are placed in the back and the arms, which are extended as if being crucified. 8-12 hooks are normally used.

Note: In the above list, the number of hooks used are based on the size (gauge) of the hooks, the weight of the person, the size of the person, and the level of pain tolerance of the person suspending.