Ooooo, I have been sort of outed today. Not to do with sex or gender. I've written about the UW Telepain service both here and on my blog. They interviewed me today, because the state legislature is supporting this program. Currently insurance does not reimburse for it. So, the interviews of doctors and consenting patients are ongoing to try to let the legislature know that it is useful.

Anyhow, they found a blog post that I'd written. One complimentary to telepain. They stumbled across it. Which I find really comic for all sorts of reasons.

They are thinking about visiting counties that do not have many doctors tuning in. My county is one of them. I've been tuning in since 2011, but most of the doctors have not. I gave them three names of providers at the hospital that they could contact. They wanted to know if they should cc me the message and I said no. The hospital CEO certainly did not give me the impression when I met with him a month ago that he was in any way a fan of me or my separate clinic. Better to leave my name out of it.

But the upshot is that they may use something of mine or a link to my blog when they try to publicize and advertise the program. They are talking about twitter and I asked what the age demographic is of twitter. Does it fit docs? I don't tweet. Maybe others do.

Anyhow, them reading my blog was unexpected.

Hopefully they won't go lizard hunting.
263