One of six mecha in metal warriors, a snes game by konami and lucasarts.
It is also the most appropriately named suit in the game, as although powerful, it is incredibly slow, and can't jump, or climb slippery slopes. It tends to get stuck down holes, and have to wait for lifts. With sufficient forethought, however it is unbeatable.

Essentially a walking artillary piece, it is the largest of the pilotable suits, resembling the Stone Rhino from Battletech, but with larger, higher mounted cannons. In addition to the Big Guns, it carries an aerial mine launcher, a flame thrower and a bridge building device. Unlike the Ballistic, the Prometheus is able to use its weapons while moving, and features an omnidirectional forcefield, making it less likely to be picked off by faster suits.

The cannon has a well thought out control method that allows for a lot of flexability; A shell is fired when the button is pushed down, and explodes when it his something, or when the button is released. The cannon shell blows up scenery the same way as the missile powerup, destroying 4x4 squares of gantry at once, and destroying things like fuel tanks and torpedos. Exploding cannon shells spit projectiles in eight directions, allowing for a lot of trick-shot opertunities. The cannon projectiles are affected by weapon upgrades in the same way as other suits' main gun, but the Prometheus's ability to detonate the shell at a chosen point makes bounce and seeker particularly nasty.

The mine launcher spits out small glowing spheres that slowly drift upwards and explode on contact. Good for limiting the mobility of a flight-capable suit, and annoying opponents in liftshafts.

The flamethrower, for all its manly appearance, is not much use against other suits. While much faster to use than other close-combat weapons, and slightly longer-ranged, it does minimal damage. Best used as a parting shot before dropping off a ledge, or at the same time as the cannon at point-blank range. Flamed suits continue to burn for a few seconds after escaping, making it a useful weapon against hit and run attacks.

The bridge-builder drops a single square of gantry at ground-level infront of the Prometheus, as long as it is standing on something, and it won't obstruct a lift shaft or otherwise break the game. It can even be used offensively... by pushing an opponent into some lava, and then covering it over.