The world is a weird place. I was trying to get hold of my cousin via that social networking site whose name everyone knows but is apparently verboten to mention here, so I set up an account a little while back. I mostly avoid the place - it's a time sink and mostly useless for someone as socially defective as me - but hey, what the hell. Anyway, while trying to get in touch with him, I tripped over the page for someone I went to high school with, who I did something fucked up to, long ago.

I agonized over whether or not to send a message apologizing. In the end I decided that sending it was the only sane thing to do. What's the worst that happens, she blocks me? If so, I know all I need to know. If not, at least I've apologized. Fifteen years later, a few prank calls are probably no longer in any way relevant, but I can't be sure. Though more than those, I was apologizing for lying about it when confronted later. We shall see how this turns out. I'm predicting a total non-event, but at least it's off my chest.

But anyway. Three more stops left on this accurséd deployment. Three more paychecks. Can't happen soon enough. Seriously, last December (and the final few weeks of November) effectively didn't happen. I feel like I've been bobbing around like a mouse in a teacup since September.

Anyway, about to have to work 96 hours straight, maybe. Later.