Part I

Tuesday morning. 9:03a.m.. I sit down at my desk at work. The view out of the window in front of me is of the marquee at the Tower Video across the street on the corner of Sunset Blvd and Larrabee. It reads the titles of all the video's coming out for rental, or sale, this week. I should stop here and mention that I have recently acquired the nickname "Smoochy", because after a few beers, apparently I become very...well...smoochy. You may be able to see where this is going but it turns out that the movie "Death to Smoochy" is out for rental this week. So, basically, I spent the entire day staring at the words "Death to Smoochy", which was just a little bit disturbing.

Part II

Tuesday afternoon. 4:30p.m.. waiting for the 180 bus...and waiting and waiting. Guy in the KTLA Channel 5 shirt, also waiting for the bus, proceeds to open his pack of Marlboro Lights and chuck the foil and plastic on the sidewalk. Now, many people who know me are aware of my constant beef with people who litter. I have been known to follow people off the train or bus and tell them they forgot something, and that's when I'm in a good mood. Which I certainly was NOT today (fuckin' PMS). The thing that really pushed me over the edge with this guy, though, was that there was a proper receptacle bin within arms reach.

Me: "Dude, there's a trash can, like, right there."
Channel 5 guy: "Yeah, I know."
Me: "So, what, like, you just don't care?" (yes, I use the word like alot. I was born and bred in the Valley, what do you want?)
Channel 5 guy: "Not in this town."
Me: "Then maybe you should go back to where you came from, you arrogant, lazy fuck."

People standing around also waiting for the bus snigger and snort and give me "the nod of approval". Channel 5 guy mutters something inaudible except for what I'm pretty sure was "dumb bitch" and continues smoking his cigarette looking extra surly and pretending to be fascinated with something in the opposite direction.

A few seconds later the bus finally pulled up and when I got off at my stop I couldn't resist the urge to look back at him and say smugly, "Hey, man, give a hoot...", to which a good number of the people who had witnessed the scene prior to getting on the bus laughed out loud.