to node one thing beautiful every day is to fight in the war against the tide of the disheartened, discouraged and disinterested; against apathy and dangerously short attention spans – to fight for those creatures too jaded to remember there’s a reason to get up one more time. it is an effort to put pain into words with the knowledge that this will make that pain just a little bit softer, more diffuse, full of light. it is a feeling that pain can be beautiful, and that pain can be worth holding onto. that pain, as well, can teach us.

to node one thing beautiful every day is to create one more positive in a world that is filling with negatives -- negatives bred from this excess of nothing. it is a way to stop watching it all crumble away, of building fire instead of holding your breath, lost in fear that the wind may scatter the ash.

to node one thing beautiful every day is to seek out and seek inward for that one more piece of truth you’ve been holding onto in quiet dark places, nursed through its infancy and finally formed, ready to make somebody smile through the nodegel.

to node one thing beautiful every day is to remember why you haven’t given up yet, and to surrender to wonder once more.

forget. just forget. close your eyes and then tell me what you want to see.

to node one thing beautiful every day is a reason to look up all morning long, and to keep your eyes away from the floor. it is a reason to notice, and to see through eyes that can feel as if they never have seen before, so strained by that which is shockingly beautiful that they fear they may never be able to see again. and so they relish.

to node one thing beautiful every day is my new religion, a faith in only beauty – full of sorrow, full of joy, full of life.

this is how i pray.
this is how i pray.
pray with me.