As I stare at the mason jar of Black Mollies on my work desk, I feel a strange urge to expand upon this node.

"In aquariums they are easily bred, it gets to be kind of a nuisance really."

This is a gross understatement.

We started an aquarium - well, SHE started the aquarium, I just keep it running by doing little things and mechanical things.

The fish make her happy, so I do what I can.

Not being experts in aquarium care, we started off with a whole mess of goldfish. They seem easy, but really, I should emphasize the mess part. Goldfish make aquariums disasters very quickly. Even with plecos and catfish, the aquarium became unmanageable, and when we left for a trip, all the fish died. I wasn't exactly heart broken.

In usual fashion in our house, we ignored the now empty aquarium. Well- empty of anything alive. Strangely, one day the water was crystal clear.

Then I came home and more fish had appeared. Another pleco, two cat fish, and a variety of Mollies, including four black molly fish. These fish thrived, the tank stayed clean, and we seem to have found the good balance of existence.

And then the Black Mollies started getting fat. FAT. Oh!! The Molly fish are PREGNANT!!

So we think, anyways. We research. Turns out they breed easily, as referenced above, and give live birth. Also turns out three out of the four black mollies are female. And so very fat.

Now we get excited!! Baby fishies!! And we wait. Everything we read says about a month... well, a month goes by and nothing. Ok - so maybe they don't feel safe. We get more plants for the tank to give the fry a place to hide. More time - more MONTHS go by, and nothing.

and then...

Suddenly there are tiny fishies. Lots of tiny fishies. Everyday, more tiny fishies. Dozens of babies have been born, and seem to be thriving. They grow fast! So now we have an aquarium full of black mollies. We also still have very fat adult females. But things have leveled out. The tank is full, we start poke friends and family about taking some Mollies - I mean, doesn't EVERYONE want Black Molly fish? Well, ok. A tank full of Mollies, everyone seems happy.

And then...

There were more. As of this week, more tiny fishies have been appearing. Turns out Mollies don't have a set gestation period, it seems. So many fish.

We are getting more serious about finding homes for them. Yesterday I brought five to a friend. Today I am delivering four to someone else. Tomorrow a co-worker takes four more.

I need to catch and rehome the rather successful male. Or maybe I can hire him out for a stud fee.... Anyone want some Mollies?