When the old society started farming and fencing land such that 'value' was the single species within the fence of ownership, we were displacing other species and their opportunity to exist for subjective use.

Classical economics was the result of that process being iterated until all the living systems were displaced and breaking. Billionaires, companies, claimed space and reduced the return to ecology and community through low wages and reducing biodiversity because it had no cost to them.

The economy was structured so that banks were really hubs of the same perspective and process. Society was borrowing money from banks which represented the concentration of 'value' in the abstract sense through processes which alienate life systems and communities. Their economics was designed to be asystemic. Atavistic.

The New Bank is a fund that is held on behalf of future generations of the whole system, all species, including humanity. It is spent to increase biodiversity and ecological stability and health. We recognise that our communities borrow the land, water, opportunity from current species so we pay to ensure they have a place. So that we build on the asset for the people and species of the future. The fund invests directly in species recovery and bioremediation.

Earth has lost so much. People, species, safe water, safe atmosphere, climate. We are working to stabilise what we can.

We assess and balance the opportunity cost of people running a business or using land for agriculture or towns. It is something which takes the space of other species. Our new economics is structured to cost that subjective use of resources. To plan for it in context so that it does not cost us our living future. Family planning, town planning are grounded in real living contexts.

We can save by making healthy use of land and water in ways which minimise the cost to other species.

Mines pay while the land is open and are required to return the soil in the correct layers and reforest it. They usually find it more effective and cheaper to mine the dumps. To close the cycle. We return materials to industry. Innovate with renewable materials. The profit feeds ecological recovery. A wealth we all need.

Polycultures which save water and have an increased local biodiversity are more cost effective. The interest on the activity is lower because the difference between optimum use of the resource from a biodiversity perspective is closer to what is actually being done.

Causing extinction is not an option. A debt that cannot be repaid.

A project works sustainably for the current purpose. Ecological profit increases the space and resources available to ensure increase in population of endangered species and their ecology. Real living wealth.

Our foundation commons.

Further reading:

Fencing the commons: A quote from The Mores by John Clare

These paths are stopt - the rude philistine's thrall
Is laid upon them and destroyed them all
Each little tyrant with his little sign
Shows where man claims earth glows no more divine
But paths to freedom and to childhood dear
A board sticks up to notice 'no road here'
And on the tree with ivy overhung
The hated sign by vulgar taste is hung
As tho' the very birds should learn to know
When they go there they must no further go
Thus, with the poor, scared freedom bade goodbye
And much they feel it in the smothered sigh
And birds and trees and flowers without a name
All sighed when lawless law's enclosure came
And dreams of plunder in such rebel schemes
Have found too truly that they were but dreams.