Cunt a declaration of independence by Inga Muscio 

This book is about the history of the word, the stigma that surrounds the word and the body part. It strives to bring about an "understanding of, and reconciliation with - what it means to have a cunt." The exciting story telling style is what makes this book so wonderful. But there is also tons of great information along the way. She does have a few opinions that will be considered extreme by some but she readily admits that they are not for everyone. Basically she wants you to get the most pleasure out of your cunt as possible and learn what it has to teach you in your everyday life. This is also a great book for open minded guys who aren't freaked out about talk of periods and feminist ideas. I highly recommend you run out and buy a copy now.

The following excerpt takes place when the author's cousin's seven year old daughter (Mademoiselle Precious) comes to stay with her and her "Musical concubine" for a week.

An excerpt from Cunt


After a few minutes, Mlle. Precious says, "Everybody plays with their wahchee?"

My heart leaped in my chest. Oh, how I smiled inside.

"Yeah. Everybody."

"Do you?"

"Yup."

"Does your musical concubine?"

"Yeah."

"My mom?"

"Probably. I mean, I would imagine. Just about everybody does, Precious. And it's perfectly fine if you do too. Even if people tell you it's bad, they're just scared or stupid. It's not bad at all and everybody plays with their wahchee."

She laughed crazy, absolutely thrilled, and yelled "Everybody plays with their wahchee?"

I screamed "Everybody plays with their wahchee!"


Cunt a declaration of independence
Copyright 2002 by Inga Muscio
Foreword Copyright 2002 by Betty Dodson
Introduction Copyright 2002 by Derrick Jensen

ISBN #1-58005-015-8
Published by Seal Press
An imprint of Avalon Publishing Group Inc.
161 William Street, 16th floor
New York, NY 10038


CST Approved