I opened the door and set my sack of groceries down on your smooth granite counter tops. Earlier I was thinking I would make chicken saytay for you. I was caught up in that and putting the groceries away before I noticed you hadn't greeted me the way you normally do. I double-checked the driveway - saw your car - glanced down the hallway, peeked into your little office at the empty desk and dark monitor. I was about to turn back to the kitchen, maybe send you a message or something, but that was before I saw your sassy pink toenails against the comforter.

I paused for a sec, taking in the view. Maybe this sounds creepy but watching you sleep always makes me feel more peaceful. Your bare leg stuck out beneath the sheets. Sunlight filtering through the sides of your window made your skin glow. Memories of our first nap together came back to me. I remembered the heat and I remembered you curling into me. My eyes drifted back to your body, thinking that the curve of your waist fits my hand the way Pygmalion's would flow to awaken his new lover. Then I imagined what we would do if I interrupted your siesta.

I wanted to tell you I'm sorry about the fight. It didn't have anything to do with you, but you have a tendency to take things personally even after I explain that I'm not mad at you. There's a lot of things I want to tell you but these are the most important:
-I like spending time with you and I think we're a good couple
-You're much, much more to me than just a booty call
-I love it when you call me at work to see how my day's going
That's what I was going to tell you but now I'm wondering why I'm alone and you're in bed before seven.

I'm kind of worried that you didn't have any supper. I want to know if you're still pissed or if you forgot I said I might drop by. For all I know you don't even want to talk to me or see me again. Right now I want to lie down next to you, kiss you and luxuriate in your sleepy smile when you wake up in my arms. I can't stop thinking of the lips my lips have kissed. I'm watching you innocently sleeping, your face is scrubbed, your hair is back, you're so calm and serene lying there that I feel guilty as hell for picking a fight with you. I really want to hold you but I need a chance to talk to you first. Give me a call or stop by sometime. In the meantime, enjoy your nap.