Brooke Alvarez (born Bronislava Alexeyevna on April 2, 1963 in Kashin, Russia) is a prominent Russian-American television news anchor who presently hosts The FactZone with Brooke Alvarez on IFC.

From 2006 to 2009, Alvarez was a primetime news anchor for Fox News. Prior to joining Fox, she worked for six years at the CBS Dallas affiliate.

Alvarez is also known for her work on E! Entertainment Television. While at E!, she was a fill-in anchor and correspondent for E! News Daily, and was regularly spotted on the red carpet, hosting live coverage of events including the Emmy and Academy Awards. In 2010, Alvarez received an Emmy nomination for hosting the show Tea Party Tuesday.

Alvarez was considered a front runner in the search for Kathie Lee Gifford's replacement on Live with Regis, co-hosting with Regis Philbin for four shows. Both the New York Post and Fox News cited Alvarez as the likely winner of the position.

In 2007, Alvarez made her debut on the Fox News show Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld. Later that year, she made her debut appearance on Fox and Friends, filling in for Gretchen Carlson, who had been injured in a llama-shearing accident. Alvarez also anchored occasional primetime news updates on Fox and frequently handled breaking news in the overnight hours. In 2009, Alvarez garnered attention by engaging in a vicious feud with CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer on Twitter.

Born in Russia in 1963, Alvarez's brilliant mind and flawless physique led her to be selected as the first child cosmonaut in 1971, as part of the Soviet Union's rush to be the first nation to put a juvenile into orbit.

Alvarez later traveled to the United States on a Fulbright scholarship, earning a Ph.D. in Communications from Michigan State University.

Brooke married Honduran-born handyman Dagoberto Alvarez in 1991. They divorced in 2000. Alvarez reportedly married author Thomas Pynchon in 2006. According to her bio on the FactZone website, Alvarez owns five corgi dogs and her favorite food is kale.


SOURCES:
Sam Johnstone, The Devil Incarnate: The Rise of Brooke Alvarez (Keystone, 2009)
Xander Cricket, From Space Girl to News Tyrant: The Brooke Alvarez Story (Regnery, 2011)