Transforms from plane to aircraft carrier to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: BROADSIDE

FUNCTION: AIR & SEA ASSAULT
"I like the sea far away and my feet on the ground."

Doesn't like transforming into carrier or jet--gets seasick on water, has fear of heights. Effective, valiant warrior, but other Autobots wish he wouldn't gripe so much. Expands to 1200 ft length as carrier, capable of landing jets and carrying other Autobots. 15,000 mile range, 40 knots maximum speed. Projects 80,000 volt electric field around himself in jet mode. Has high-energy plasma-pulse gun and shattering vibro-ax in robot mode.

  • Strength: 8
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 9
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


Broadside put in a handful of cameo appearances in the cartoon, but never rated a major appearance. Partially it's because of his personality, I'm sure -- a boat that gets seasick? A plane that's afraid of heights? What's the point? -- but there's also an inherent problem with using aquatic Transformers in combat, which is why there's so few of them (Seaspray is the only other notable one, besides the Seacons).

Interestingly, this is the only time a tech spec has admitted that a Transformer can change his size when transforming, although ironically the cartoon didn't. In "Five Faces of Darkness," Broadside's plane mode was large enough to ferry all five Aerialbots as his flight crew; in "The Burden Hardest to Bear," he was a robot large enough to fight Devastator hand-to-hand. So instead of getting larger and smaller like Megatron and Blaster, he just stayed large.