Transforms from hovercraft to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: SCOURGE

FUNCTION: SWEEP LEADER
"Desolation follows in my trail."

Scourge is fearsome, merciless and implacable hunter. Created from Decepticon wreckage, he leads "The Sweeps", a wolf pack of tracker-terminator's designed to hunt down and eradicate Autobots. Scourge possesses powerful high-tech scanning equipment and a disintegrator ray that can cut through solid rock. In robot mode, he carries a laser blaster that shoots short bursts of intense heat. Scourge's only weakness is his arrogance.

  • Strength: 8
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 8
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 8
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 6
Transformers Tech Specs


Scourge's vehicle mode was a flying hovercraft instead of a floating one (like the Autobot Seaspray, which he largely resembles), but the Transformers fans of the day just accepted it and bought him in large quantities. The "Sweeps" (a very odd name, presumably from "sweep through and wipe out" or something) were always depicted on the cartoon as interchangable clones of Scourge himself; the Transformers FAQ speculates that he was able to generate these mindless drones from his own body whenever the occasion demanded. In "Transformers: The Movie", he was created from the dying body of Thundercracker instead of from the wreckage his tech spec describes.



In 1987, Scourge was re-released as a Targetmaster with an updated tech spec:

Merciless, fearsome--only his extreme hatred of Autobots prevents him from attacking his Nebulan allies. The Nebulan is a high-temperature incendiary cannon with a volatile temper to match. In vehicle mode, Scourge is a hunter-destroyer, land-scouring vehicle. Equipped with optical and heat sensors for detecting and eliminating enemies. Maximum speed: 260 mph, range 800 miles.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 6
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 8
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


"The Nebulan" is Scourge's Targetmaster weapon, named Fracas. I guess the tech spec card writer didn't have his name handy when this went to the press.

It seems that Targetmaster Scourge is actually rarer than his fellow Targetmasters; one source says he was shipped one to a case to stores while his comrades arrived two to a case.