Transforms from insect to robot and back!

INSECTICON: SHRAPNEL

FUNCTION: ELECTRONIC WARFARE
"Control electricity and you control the world."

The noise of war and the scream of his foes are music to this loathsome Insecticon's audio-modules...has piercing battle cry...can be heard 8 miles away. In insect mode, can use antennae to control almost any electrical device. In robot mode, can attract lightning bolts to antennae and shoot them out hands. Grenade launcher shoots 30-pound steel balls that splinter into razor-sharp spikes. Insulation can stop his electrical blasts.

  • Strength: 4
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 6
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


I recall one episode of the cartoon where they took up the last line of Shrapnel's tech spec and had him shooting lightning bolts at all the Autobots, until someone figured out that driving on rubber tires insulated them and turned this "deadly" Insecticon into a big purple bull's-eye. He usually stood as the unofficial leader of the Insecticon trio, although perhaps he simply talked the most. He was supposed to be a stag beetle in insect mode, although no one expected the kids to know that (even though they could pronounce "Tyrannosaurus Rex" flawlessly whenever the Dinobots came on-screen).