A pinch and a punch for the first day of the month!

A slap and a kick for being so quick!

July: This will be the month I get a job, find immense happiness in who I am, balance my time with friends and family, and start getting a handle on my finances.

In the words of Edna Krabappel: Ha!

I was woken today by a million and one ring tones- well, two. jt is on call and was continually paged between 3 and 6am this morning, and then his phone started ringing sporadically. At 9:15 my boss rang and told me I was supposed to be working at 12. Sure, that's fine, I'll be there. It was a christening, a finger food luncheon, at Kilaben Bay. "You do know where Kilaben Bay is, right?" Of course, I'll find it. No problem.

Of course, I didn't find it- not on time, anyway. And my boss forgot to give me the address of the hall the function was in, and I forgot to ask, so I just had to ask around once I got to the small seaside town. When I finally arrived, twenty minutes late, I had to invent a story about being run off the road and getting a flat tyre so the customer wouldn't get shitty.

While I was there I was talking to a woman who was hanging around the kitchen with me while a ten year old boy did a skipping demonstration to Eiffel 65's "Blue" (is that common for a christening reception?). The woman said that I'd make a good journalist because I have a friendly manner, listen when others are talking and can communicate well. I know it was just bullshit because she'd only known me for an hour, but it still inspired me. Maybe she was a clairvoyant and she was seeing the future! Maybe she secretly owns a huge international magazine chain! Maybe she can get me a job! Maybe I'm seeking kindness and inspiration in any old place I can find it!

The day was all right after that. Jemma left BB, so now there's only Chrissy, Sara-Marie, Ben and Blair. I still think S-M will win. I hope so anyway.

Here's to a good week. I hope all e2ians have a good July and are as happy and healthy as they can be.