You are not alone, bro.

Here, where I live, hybrids exist in abundance. Some resemble to their "White" side more than their "Asian" side, while others are more akin to their "Asian" side. Girls adapt to their environment more easily, because White guys seem to like hybrids and now that "Asian cultures are Cool", all the more reason.

The hybrids, here where I live, are almost all Chiggers. Strange eh? A Half Chinese-Half White dude trying to be a White dude who pretends to be a Black guy. HA! They don't really have a problem integrating, because they sort of have their own culture. But I'm generalizing, I know many pure Asians, North-American-born Asians, Half-Asians that are not accepted.

One of my dad's friend is a pure Asian who came to Canada when he was really young and now he's about 50 and God knows how many marriages he's gone through. I've imagined myself in that situations tons of time. Can you imagine how hard it would be to find a mate? White chicks generally don't like Chinese guys (unless they look like White guys) and (pure) Chinese girls almost never go outside of their cultures, unless some weird circumstance twists them to think otherwise (ie. money, "it's-cool-to-have-a-white-dude-as-a-boyfriend", half-asian, etc.)

While I'm not half-and-half, I'm a banana. Most of my friends are White dudes, but I do hang out with some Asians (who happen to be almost all Taiwanese oddly -- I'm Cantonese). I find it even harder to cope seeing as I went to French schools since I was young and suddenly I've changed to an Anglo environment in school. So I feel alienated by Anglos, Asians and Francophones. The Anglos see me as another Chinese dude, the Asians see me as a Banana (an alien breed) and the only time I've ever felt comfortable was with my French friends, but even then I was the "Strange One."

Ever since I was young, I've always seen myself as the "Outcast", the only Asian guy in his High School, the guy who always gets asked how you spell "Jean-François" in Chinese even though I don't even know how to spell Chinese characters, the guy whom everybody think he knows Kung Fu just because of the colour of his skin. It's endless. I could never be left alone, I could never be "one of the guys." Now though, I don't really care anymore. I think as you grow older, you come to accept things more easily and you'd rather build bookcases.

There are even more strange things about me...