A Boston, Massachusetts pizza joint that also happens to be my favorite resturant in the city, The Upper Crust Pizzeria serves pizza that is in the Neapolitan style (thin crust, chunky sauce) with New York pizza sized slices (very large). The combination of the two styles makes for one hell of a great slice of pizza that I can’t recommend enough.

Upper Crust is a Zagat Rated restaurant and frequently makes many "Best of Boston" lists, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's some sort of overpriced yuppie eatery. An incredibly satisfying meal can be acquired for a mere five bucks at Upper Crust, which is a feat that is to be coveted in Boston, where it's very possible to live for cheap, but living that way requires some hunting and thinking.

Me? I like to do the typical 2 slices of either cheese or 'roni to go. But the place has a freakin' plethora of toppings that extend far beyond your typical pineapple, anchovies, mushroom or sausage topped pizzas. All in all...you got a choice from: baby clams, baby shrimp, bacon, Canadian bacon, grilled chicken, hamburger, prosciutto, asiago cheese, artichoke hearts, arugala, black olives, broccoli, eggplant, fresh basil , fresh garlic, diced tomatoes, sliced tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, feta cheese, sliced onion, sliced peppers, roasted red peppers, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.

Upper Crust has two locations in the city. One located at 20 Charles Street in Boston's famous Beacon Hill neighborhood right next to the Boston Common and Boston Public Gardens. The other location is at 286 Harvard Street in Brookline, Massachusetts in the Coolidge Corner neighborhood (next to the fantastic Coolidge Corner Theatre)...which isn't technically Boston, but hey, close enough. And for you Floridians, oddly enough there is a third Upper Crust Pizzeria, same company, same pizza...different weather...at 611 Duval Street in Key West, Florida.

The Beacon Hill location was actually given a Boston Society of Architects Honor Award after its 2002 restoration, in which its distinctive wavy metallic ceiling was added. The walls at the Beacon Hill location are littered with memorabilia celebrating the recent success of the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots as well as a signed photo of Bobby Orr diving in victory after scoring the game winning goal for the Boston Bruins in the 1970 Stanley Cup Finals. The Brookline location is much more spacious and offers many televisions that frequently are tuned into sporting events. The guys working there have a real affinity for international soccer, but hockey, basketball, football and of course, Red Sox baseball, can be found playing there often.

So if you live in Boston, or you ever stop by the beautiful Hub of the Universe and you find your brain boggled by the prices at Legal Sea Foods and The Union Oyster House...I recommend stopping by The Upper Crust Pizzeria and picking up a damn satisfying pizza dinner for cheap.