The Lost Gems of Yesteryear quest requests not only that we name some oldies but goodies but that we find a way to promote them. Having chinged all three of my nominations Chinging is not a option. So I think I'll tell you about these three nodes and the role they played in my life.

Reading A message from sensei by sensei marked the beginning of my desire to understand the back story of his absence. I became a noder here Feb 26, 2001. A message from sensei appeared Dec 17, 2000. He was gone before I arrived but that node helped me to realized that E2 is indeed a community. If you have not yet read sensei you may find his work fascinating. Sensei was E2's elder statesman for a time. He made peace and fun happen as well as his share of chaos. He dispensed love and wisdom. I wish I'd been here a bit earlier but I feel blessed to have his words.

Writing for a wider audience by BlueDragon appeared after I learned to love the people not just the words here. BlueDragon is a remarkable writer. She also gives some good advice in this node on the process of writing. You may enjoy her other nodes as well. They are full of natural history, beauty, and insights...also a lot of Brit pride and humour, both serious and tongue in cheek.

Cinnamon and star anise poached chicken with Hainan rice by sneff inspired me to actually try one of his legendary recipes. He used to post pictures on his homenode of the product. Yum. That man can talk some good food. Maybe someday I'll taste it when he cooks it. But through his generosity I did taste this dish. My daughter xie (don't bother, she signed up but never noded) and I really enjoyed the cooking and the eating. Mmmmm she is home from college at the moment. I think I'll see if she wants to go for a repeat.