Want to participate in an E2 art exhibition?

A few days ago I was elevated to Level 6, with the coveted right to post a homenode picture. Unfortunately, my hands trembled so from excitement that I failed to hit the "submit" button, thus completely failing to get the coveted picture posted. I had to summon help from kind Senior Noders until it finally worked and my HN pic was in place.

An E2 first?

In the meanwhile I’ve been brooding, contemplating, and kind of conspiring. Because I’m planning to pull off an E2 first -- a writeup about an artist (in this case Eduard Wiiralt, 1898 – 1954), combined with an art exhibition of some of the artist’s works!

But that’s not possible, I hear you say -- E2 doesn’t do pictures! True, in a writeup it doesn’t. But all Level 6 noders and above (and editors) have homenode pictures. So my art exhibition just needs a little cooperation from a number interested and pic-authorized noders.

This is the plan:

First, I would like interested pic-authorised noders to come forward and volunteer to post one of the artist's pictures on their homenode for one full day, the very day that the writeup itself is posted by me.

I will e-mail the pictures to you, several days beforehand. I will also set the day and time of these coordinated postings -- which will be in about a week or 10 days from now (the precise day will depend on how successful my call for cooperation turns out to be).

I’ve succeeded in finding 15 pictures by Eduard Wiiralt on the web, so I need 14 kindly cooperating noders. Wiiralt’s works are mainly graphic (etchings, etc.). The themes vary from "naughty nudes" (well, not all that naughty -- you can see one example right now on my HN) and grotesque mass-scenes, to completely naturalistic pictures of animals and people (but still with a certain surrealistic twist).

Take your pick

You can take your pick from the list below on a first-come-first-served basis (if the one you wanted is already taken, then I’ll send you another one, but I won’t give you a chance to change your mind). I’ll mark the taken ones with the exhibitor’s username.

Below is a list of the 15 pictures and the (broad) categories they fall into:


(A) Suggestive and/or grotesque

1. Cabaret                    to be exhibited by in10se 
2. Hell                       to be exhibited by XWiz
3. Preacher                   to be exhibited by pint
4. Absinth Drinkers           to be exhibited by doyle

(B) Naughty nudes

5. Bathers                    to be exhibited by AudieMcCall 
6. Gabrielide                 to be exhibited by GrouchyOldMan
7. Paule                      to be exhibited by haze 
8. Woman In Red Skirt         to be exhibited by JohnnyGoodyear 

(C) Naturalistic, with a twist

9. Camel w. Berber Boy        to be exhibited by rootbeer277 
10. Tiger with Cat            to be exhibited by yclept 
11. Tigers                    to be exhibited by Lometa
12. Regine                    to be exhibited by DejaMorgana 

(D) None of the above

13. Self-portrait w. Violin   to be exhibited by montecarlo
14. Violinist                 to be exhibited by IWhoSawTheFace 
15. Women’s Heads             to be exhibited by allseeingeye  

Please /msg me -- giving a) the number of the picture you want to exhibit and b) your e-mail address.

Your reward will be that you will become cooler than the temperature in Stockholm right now (- 10 oC)! No, no -- there are much bigger rewards for all of you exhibitionists -- JohnnyGoodyear has promised a Blessing to each participating exhibitor / exhibitionist!

Yours Truly,

montecarlo

*** Tigers, Ladies, Monsters, Violinists -- thank you! But this list is now CLOSING, because it's all filled up, regrettably! Thank you again! But the ART EXHIBITION itself will come to you all very soon, in a place very close to you! Auf Wiedersehen, but only for the time being! ***

UPDATE: The Eduard Wiiralt E2 Art Exhibition was successfully carried out between January 26, 13:00 ST and January 28, 13:00 ST, i.e during TWO SERVER DAYS. The Cooperating Exhibitors were the very ones on the list above.